Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April Tidbits

April seemed to fly by for us. I still can't believe April is over. I blinked and it was May. We managed to do quite a bit and stayed uber busy as usual.
I got antsy to take my exercise routine outside. Briya did not agree. It  was just too cold for outside walks most of the month. However, I did manage to go for quite a few outside runs; I took Briya for a few walks, and accidentally was part of a bike race. (long story, but funny!)

We got some new baby chicks to replace the ones that were all eaten by neighborhood dogs. Remind me to express how much I hate dogs that wander the neighborhood eating my chickens and pooping on my lawn.

Briya was so cute with the chicks. I had it in my head to set up a super cute photo shoot with Briya and the chicks, but it never happened and now they are no longer chicks, but teenager chickens... not quite the same cuteness factor.

The pictures cracks me up. Briya and the chick were staring each other down. (On another note, you'd think I'd be terrified of the chick on Briya considering what happened to Mav last year, but nope, they are too cute to be able to cause any harm.)

Mav has become quite accustomed to having a little sister and loves to entertain her and share his toys with her and pile her toys all over her. It's adorable.

We had several firepit fires and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. Probably one of my favorite things of all time to do. It's so relaxing and peaceful.
 
We finished the parts of the basement that were on hold and now the basement is complete! Hooray. We had to move storage around and clean up construction dust and it has consumed our lives. I also moved down all of my hundreds of books to the basement and organized them and, yes, even got rid of over 100. I can't believe it myself. 

We went on a wonderful date night to the temple and afterwards to eat at The Cheesecake Factory. Eddie's parents and 3 of his brothers and their wives came too. It was a perfect night and one that I had been looking forward to for a long time. I hope to make it happen more frequently.

I spontaneously decided that I was going to make some jam after I saw how cheap the strawberries were on sale. Briya wanted to help, of course. 

My sister in law, Amy, and I spent about 5 hours canning strawberry jam. It is so delicious and we got almost 50 jars!!! We are set for a little while I think. 

1 comment:

Riki Lee said...

Roasting marshmallows is also one of my all-time favorite things to do. I could eat them until I die!