Wednesday, November 28, 2012

One Year Older...

Look at the flames on that cake!! Woo wee, gettin kinda old. But that's okay. I have so much to show for it, and that makes me happy.
My most adorable kids made my birthday fabulous. Maddy wrapped up about 15 boxes that each had a funny clue in them. It was so funny. She is so loving and sweet. She also went to the D.I. and picked out some really perfect, cute things that are so sweet. Liberty drew me the most wonderful picture and wrapped up some of her toys for me. Ryder picked me out a purple unicorn shirt. It's awesome. 
Eddie surprised me with a birthday getaway. First we went to the new City Creek Center which neither of us had been to yet and wandered around. We ate at The Cheesecake Factory which was absolutely phenomenal!! That milkshake was the best milkshake I have ever had in my life. 
Then we drove up to Park City and stayed in an amazing condo that had a cute ice skating rink right outside the door. It was like something out of a movie.

The condo was huge! It had a living room, kitchen, breakfast nook, a separate bedroom, 2 bathrooms, and a little sitting area. The whole point of the "getaway" was to have some time without the kids, but we both kept thinking how fun it would be if the kids were with us. Ha, ha

There was also a heated pool and hot tub available. And there was a skii lift about 100 feet from our door.  Pretty amazing.

We went shopping at the Park City outlets, and then came back to our amazing condo. Eddie had brought up a big cooler filled with my favorite snack foods. He made us some delicious snack plates and we watched two movies that neither of us had seen before.

It really was absolutely perfect. I loved to look out this window and watch people skating on the rink. I woke up early (9 months pregnant equals no sleep) and read a book while the sun was rising. It was pure bliss.

I'm so lucky to have a husband that cares so much about me and knows me better than I know myself. He kept coming up with cute little surprises out of the blue. 

Even though we weren't able to take advantage of the hot tub or the skiing or the skating rink because of my incredibly large and hindering baby bump, I still had a magnificent time. It was an absolute perfect birthday. 

2 comments:

Maher's said...

Good Job Eddie...I got binoculars!

Riki Lee said...

SO much fun! I love your kids' gifts to you too. Glad your birthday was great!