Wednesday, November 14, 2012

35 Weeks

I can't believe it is already the middle of November! I have been on partial bedrest for the last 10 days. The Sunday before last, I was having contractions all through church and all evening and all night long. I kept thinking that I should probably go into the hospital but they didn't seem painful enough, so I just laid in bed and fought with myself for hours over it. Ha, ha On Monday, my doctor put me on bedrest to see if it would help with the contractions. I stayed mostly in bed for 2 days after which my contractions pretty much stopped completely. I couldn't stand it anymore, so I've been out and about and trying to check off all the many things on my to do list, but I have been trying to take it easy. I seem to feel the worst in the late afternoon, and I try and sit for a few hours with my feet up. This is a new experience for me because I have never had even the slightest hint of early labor with any of my other pregnancies.
I feel enormous and have a hard time doing much of anything. This little girl is so active at night and keeps me up while she performs circus tricks in there. It's all knees, elbows, and head so it's really uncomfortable.
I have had horrific heartburn for the last 2 weeks. I have to have Tums by my side all the time unless I panic. I ran out today and had a ball of fire in my chest and was in agony until Eddie came home with a huge bottle and saved me. It was torture while I was waiting for them. Who knew that heartburn could be so unbearably painful? I've also lost my appetite and nothing really sounds good to me anymore. That could have something to do with the constant heartburn though.
I am now about 90 % ready for the baby. We still need to agree on a name, and there are a few odds and ends that I still need to pick up, but I am so happy to be mostly ready. I also have my Christmas shopping completely done. It feels so good to have it taken care of and I know that in December when I have a newborn, I will be so happy that I don't have to think about it.
I'm enjoying my time with my sweet Maverik and we do lots of playing while the older kids are at school. He is a delight to watch. I also have a special date planned for each of my older kids starting this weekend. Although, I'm slightly surprised that I'm still pregnant considering some of the "complications" I've had, I am just trying to enjoy the time I have and make every moment count.

3 comments:

Riki Lee said...

I'm sorry about the heartburn - that is the worst! This is the first pregnancy for me that I haven't really had much of it. And kudos on getting all of your Christmas shopping done! I'd love to get there.

Libby said...

Almost there!! Nice job on getting all the Christmas shopping done!

Maher's said...

I think the early contractions must have something to do with the "30's" I didn't have that issue until this last time around either. I am amazed that you have your christmas shopping done...and so jealous. I haven't even started...I have thought about looking at the black friday ads but that's about as far as I've gotten! Glad to hear you're pretty much ready...although the name is kind of important. Just one suggestion...Catniss :-)